Friends of the
Friends of the Waccamaw Library
41 St Paul Place
Pawleys Island SC 29585
The purpose of this organization shall be, in the cooperation with Georgetown County Library Board of Trustees:
· To maintain an association of persons interested in libraries
· To stimulate increased awareness and resulting use of Waccamaw Neck Branch Library
· To stimulate increased financial support, both public and private
· To support and cooperate with the Library in developing library services and facilities to the community
· To help direct efforts of groups and individuals interested in the Library; to sponsor cultural and related programs from the community
Founded in 1988, FOWL holds board meetings on
the 2nd Thursdays of February, May, August and
November. The November meeting is our Annual
meeting at which elections are held. All meetings are
open to the public.
The fiscal year for FOWL runs from November 1st
to October 31st. A neutral, qualified professional runs
EThe world is hugged by the faithful arms of volunteers.
FOWL is a non-profit organization governed by a board of volunteers. Elections for officers are held every two years and terms are limited to two consecutive 2-year terms in the same position.